Wayanad Silverwoods, the stunning Kerala resort is an oasis of tranquility, with myriad treasures hidden in every nook and corner of Wayanad.Wayanad Silverwoods hosts a wide range of activities (with prior notice) themed around unique geography and culture of the place ensuring to be the best holiday resort in Wayanad. They are designed to get you out, to explore the environment both within and outside the resort, and come back with rich experiences. In addition to the escape guaranteed by the serenity of your cottage and the privacy afforded by your own personal jacuzzi, Wayanad Silverwoods invites you to relax and take advantage of the following outdoor and indoor services:
Banasura Sagar Dam,Pazhassi Tomb & Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary
- Banasura Sagar Dam is the largest earth dam in India and the second largest in Asia. Situated in the Western Ghats and at the foot of Banasura Hills, the dam becomes a tourist destination for travelers.
- Pazhassi Tomb is the tomb of great warrior Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja.
- On the other hand, Thlopetty Wildlife Sanctuary is a heaven for forest wanderers.
Kuruva Island,& Jain Temple
- Kuruva Island aka Kuruwadweep is a river delta on Kabani River surrounded by beautiful backdrops of nature. Visitors are attracted to the place for bamboo rafting.
- In Jain temple you see ancient architectures scribed at the temple. It reads the history and the principles of Jainism.
Uravu,Phantom Rock,Heritage museum, & Karlad Lake
- Uravu is a Bamboo center or village to spread the importance of Bamboo usage.
- The name Phantom Rock is because of the shape of this monstrous rock that looks like a real phantom from remote. It’s a must watch.
- Wayanad Heritage Museum aka Ambalavayal Heritage Museum stands for tribal relics and artifacts.
- Karlad Lake is a lake that spreads out in vast 7 acre.
Lakkidi View Point,Pookodu Lake & Lakkidi Chain Tree
- Experience the bird's eye view of the deep valley at Lakkidi View Point. It is the world’s second highest degree of rainfall.
- Poolodu Lake is a fresh water lake at an altitude of 770 meters above sea level.
- Lakkidi Chain Tree is famous for its ghost story. The tree is hampered by an iron chain.
Chembra Peak,& Karlad Lake
- Chembra Peak, the highest peak of Wayanad. You must visit this place if you visit Wayanad.
- Karlad Lake is fresh water lake with a surrounding suitable for trekking and boating.
Thirunelli Temple,& Nagarhole National Park
- Thirunelli Temple is an ancient temple in the name of Lord Vishnu on the side of Brahmagiri hill. The Temple is so divine and gorgeous being situated in a valley that is surrounded by forests and hills.
- Crossing the border of Kerala, a national park is nestled namely Nagarhole National Park aka Rajiv Gandhi National Park in Karnataka State. Of course, the best tourist spot for a traveler visiting Wayand.
Glass Temple, Soojipara Water Falls,& Karlad Lake
- Glass Temple aka Kannadi Shethram is one of the highlighted places in Wayand. There you find reflections of icons in the mirrors. It was constructed 200 years ago.
- Water falling from about 300 ft height is something scenic to watch out.
- Karlad Lake is a fresh water lake in a 7 acre area with a surrounding suitable for trekking and boating.
Edakkal Caves,Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary & Karlad Lake
- Edakkal Caves - a couple of natural caves situated 1200 meters above the sea level. The caves are consisted of ancient pictorial writings assumed to be there since 6000 BC. It recalls the Stone Age.
- Muthanga is one of the best places in the world for trekking, where you can see wild animals roaring around.
- Karlad Lake is a pure water lake spread in a 7 acre area with a surrounding suitable for trekking and boating